The Limitless Change Podcast

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Episode 4: How to Reignite the Spark of Creativity

Spoken intro: "The Limitless Change Podcast by me your host Crista Hark"

In this podcast I will be talking about how to reignite your creativity through my own experiences!

"Creativity means that you're never stuck, because you're always inventing ways to keep moving forward. But, it's also possible to be too resourceful, overlooking obvious solutions & creating more work than is necessary." that quote is by Shaun T: T is for Transformation

Ways I spark my creative juices
  • I took a break from the mundane, repetitive tasks
  • I practiced mindfulness
  • I meditated
  • I looked to the past
  • I wrote down my dreams
  • Learned about cultures 
  • I trying new things
  • I got out of my zone
  • I was guided by the Holy Spirit
Mind you I am a mother & tasks are typically mundane almost always (unless you are one of those great souls who put fun activities into your children's day).

I know for myself I dislike repetitive tasks! I am a free spirit who thrives in spontaneity & typically get tired & burnt out quickly. I usually start a project & strive to finish it, but don't, that's when I use my determination to finish a project. I am a fighter of depression & anxiety, with my anxiety I feel like I am a dog on a leash tied to a pole stuck in the ground & running around in a circle (or the lawn mower video that went around in a circle by itself). I typically have to write down any ideas down so I do not forget them.

It was February of 2019 when I took a 10 day fast from social media that the prophet of the church I attend suggested & that's where I started my practice of mindfulness. I am not on the track of mindfulness at the moment & I know I will probably be doing a 10 day fast off of social media. I suggest to all those who are listening to try!!! As a result of the 10 day fast it has helped me focus more on my family, my time, getting my spiritual cup filled, more time one on one with my children, I meditated more, I felt more invigorated, more creative, & I got more things done that I needed to as a wife & a mother. After my 10 day fast was over I did not want to get back into social media, I would just post & leave without checking other's stories, feeds, & or profiles.

I cannot stress this enough, hop off social media for 10 days & tell me if it has made a difference in your life in the comments!!!

As I have looked to my past I found things I liked to do as a little girl that helped me rekindle it. I use to LOVE to sing & dance, play new caster, record myself on a casette tapes, rollerblade, sing in covered music videos I created, and many more. I am now doing what I did as a little girl I dance around my home, sing loud & proud, I do play newscaster ish as a podcaster, I do cover a workout program as a health & wellness coach, and still do lots more!

I will never forget this wonderful class I have taken in my high-school & if they have a program at your school like this, I recommend it STRONGLY!!! The class I took was called "Price of Prejudice" we dove in on what happens when we have prejudices about someone's race, religion, gender, political views, & how it can ruin a society, a community, & a home. My teacher every month would give us a project to write a paper of an authentic restaurant or meal you have eaten and write about the taste & experience you had. She showed us proof of the tragedy of segregation, World War 1, 2, Japanese internment camps in the USA, & many more & how it is a HUGE price to pay for having incivility to one another! I am grateful to her and showing me and teaching me more about the others around me & how to be more kind to my fellow men.

I wrote down my dreams, there can be A LOT of crazy and weird things that may spark your creativity. I know for myself my dreams at night are TOO real! I write down my dreams so I can decipher what is going to happen & what I am going to do with my life  with the guidance from my Heavenly Father & the Holy Spirit. I use this book to help me with deciphering 12,00 Dreams Interpreted: A New Edition for the 21st Century by Gustavus Hindman Miller & Lenore Skomal

Finding things to try is kind of difficult, so I have made a list of 15 things you can try!
  1. Authentic foods of different places
  2. Celebrating a cultures holiday (Holi, Palm Sunday, Yule, etc.)
  3. Making new friends of a different culture or race
  4. Go to the zoo
  5. Go to a museum
  6. Climb a mountain
  7. Bake a treat for your next door neighbor who you don't even know
  8. Create a care kit for the homeless
  9. Sing songs to the elderly in the assisted living
  10. Send a sweet letter to those who you are thinking of
  11. Volunteer at an animal shelter, hospital, assisted living, etc.
  12. Help others see the potential strength they have
  13. Go a different route home
  14. Part your hair differently
  15. Create an outfit & post a picture of it on social media
Most of the time I get my creative juices from the Holy Spirit, I ALWAYS strive to listen to his little promptings on what I should do. I have thought about making a podcast for about 2 years into my health & wellness coaching business because it has helped more coaches get out of the starting gate with zero support & accountability customers & coaches to TONS of  support & accountability customers & coaches & that's where I wish to be with my podcast & my business. I know that I am supposed to make this podcast to help many men & women out of the problems & to have the confidence to rise above & become limitless (hence The LIMITLESS change podcast). I would not be podcasting now or probably ever if I did not have the guidance of the Holy Spirit as a wife, a mother, a podcaster, a lightworker, a healer, a green & lunar witch, & a daughter of God. I am ever grateful for it because when it comes to proper parenting for my family I am pretty clueless without the companion of the Holy Spirit!!!

Ending

Thank you so much for listening to my podcast!

You can find me under Facebook: @coachlimitless11 & Instagram: @coachlimitless11

I have free health & wellness group happening monthly, you can find it by clicking Book Now to join my free boot camp on Facebook or link in my bio on Instagram.

It would mean the world to me if you could share this broadcast & how it has helped you! It helps me by you telling & broadcasting to the world that you are listening!  Thank you so much!!!

You can find me on iTunes Podcast, & Spreaker!
Also, I am still under review for Spotify!!! Look for it soon to come on live!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment